Okerstraße 46, 12049 Berlin
Der Oker-Keller is a music studio focusing on experimental and contemporary music and art, speaker design, piezoelectrics microphones, Roscellae guitars, and multichannel diffusion. It was renovated from an old Apotheke by two French artists in 2014. First, use as a private flat and atelier, this place is now hosting from time to time diverse events, such as workshops, screenings, recordings.
In the basement, you can find a wood workshop and a music studio. The main room can fit up to 35-40 sitting people for screening. Films and movies are complemented with an acousmonium (a multi-channel sound system) as big as 20 speakers and 12 channels.
- Takeshi Nishimoto, Kazuhide Yamaji, Der Oker-Keller, Berlin DE, Aug. 2018
- Listening // Time Off, Der Oker-Keller, Mar 2017
co-curated with Arve Knudsen, artists: Camilla Padgitt-Coles & Bryce Hackford and Sabrina Ratté & Roger Tellier Craig
- Shorts Im Schillerkiez, An International Short Film Night Der Oker-Keller, Nov 2016
co-curated with Arata Mori, artists: with Arata Mori, Laurence Favre, and Jeremiah Mosese
- Series of experimental music worksop by Baptiste Moulin, Der Oker-Keller, 2016
co-curated with backdoor.nu
- Recorded artists: Takeshi Nishimoto, Kazuhide Yamaji, Camilla Coles, Kai Bird.